Coronavirus Update (07/31/2020)
We are happy to share that we reopened to routine eyecare on Monday, May 11th; however, the safety of our staff and patients is of the utmost importance to us. In order to achieve this, we’ve had to change some things…
EVERYONE entering the office (including all of our staff members) MUST wear a mask or face covering. If you do not have one, you will be rescheduled.
If you have an appointment or an order pick-up and have traveled out-of-state within the past 14 days, please contact our office.
You may see that our reception area no longer offers magazines, books, or children’s toys, as these are difficult to clean/disinfect.
We have instituted stringent cleaning and disinfection guidelines that the staff will follow on a regular cycle throughout the day. Adjusting our patient schedule has allowed us the time to do this properly. As a result, you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment(s). Additionally, due to the closure we had a backlog of patients and are scheduled about one month out.
If you are considered high risk (over 65 years old, asthma, lung disease, diabetes, heart condition, kidney disease, severe obesity, liver disease, and/or are immunocompromised), please consider scheduling your appointment towards the end of September, or later, unless your exam is urgent.
FOR PATIENTS SEEING THE DOCTOR:
- Adult patients seeing the doctors will need to come into the office alone (i.e. no guests). We can allow one parent with a minor. In this situation, both the parent and the child must be wearing masks.
- Upon entry, all patients (and parent) will have their temperature taken. Anyone measuring 99.5 degrees or higher will be rescheduled. (We use 99.5 because our thermometer reads a bit low).
- After your temperature is measured, you will be asked the “standard” COVID screening questions, update your insurance and demographic information, sign any necessary documents, and then you will be asked to wash your hands in our patient restroom.
- We will make every effort to get your examination process started ASAP, so as to limit the number of people in the reception area.
- Please don’t be offended if the staff and/or doctors are less chatty and more business-like than usual. We are trying to limit the exposure time for each patient and staff member.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive early, you may be asked to wait in your vehicle until we can help you, so that we can keep the number of people in the office at a safe number and allow for social distancing.
FOR PATIENTS WISHING TO SEE THE OPTICIAN:
- Patients wishing to pick up glasses or have their glasses adjusted are welcome to come in at their convenience. (If you do not wish to come into the office, please call from your car and we will provide “curb-side” assistance.)
- Upon entry, you will have your temperature taken. Anyone measuring 99.5 degrees or higher will be asked to wait in their car for “curb-side” assistance. (We use 99.5 because our thermometer reads a bit low).
- After your temperature is measured, you will be asked the “standard” COVID screening questions and then you will be asked to wash your hands in our patient restroom.
- Please keep in mind that our staff go to lunch from 1:00-2:00 and are unable to keep their masks on during their lunch period; if you are able to avoid coming in during that hour and come in at a later time, it would be greatly appreciated. If it is unavoidable that you come during that time, please rest assured our staff will be happy to assist you.
Harrisburg Optometry Services
Leading Edge Eyecare has been a leading provider of optometry services and vision care products in the Harrisburg community since 1998, and we want to help you achieve and maintain clear vision for years to come.
Our experienced eye doctors offer comprehensive vision examinations at our Harrisburg optometry office and specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of eye diseases, conditions, and problems. We use advanced diagnostic technology and vision correction products and are committed to improving the quality of life of persons in the Harrisburg community through enhanced vision. Give yourself the gift of clear vision – schedule an appointment with us today.